Thirsty Work Launches an Antibacterial & Antiviral Protection
Posted on July 20th 2020 by Matt Stimpson
Thirsty Work are proud to have been able to launch our latest technology called Puraguard, which is an antibacterial and antiviral protection. Puraguard is a ground-breaking protective antimicrobial coating that can be applied to your dispenser’s taps, providing 24hr protection against the growth of microbes (bacteria, moulds, fungi, and viruses).
Puraguard is virtually invisible, and proven to be effective against viruses from the coronavirus family. Upon contact with the protective coating 80% of microbes are eradicated within 15 minutes and up to 99.99% are gone within 2 hours. Your dispenser’s taps will have around the clock protection against unseen microbes.
How It Works
- Your dispenser’s taps are coated with Puraguard before being delivered to you.
- Upon contact with the treated area silver ions on the surface of the coating immediately act against bacteria and viruses, disrupting their normal cell function and reproduction.
- Bacteria die and the surface is cleaner and more hygienic for use.
Major Benefits of Puraguard protection
- Silver ion technology creates surfaces upon which 99.9% of microbes can’t survive.
- Defends against viruses from the coronavirus family.
- Proven effective against MRSA, E. Coli and the influenza (H1N1) virus.
- Prevents growth of mould.
- Reduces the chance of cross-contamination.
- 24 hour protection.
Products protected by Puraguard anti-microbial technology will negatively affect bacteria that contaminate the surface through:
- Protein Damage
- Cell Membrane Damage
- Oxidative Damage
- DNA Interference
With the recent successful independent viral testing, it has been proven that products treated with Puraguard coating technology are also effective against a virus from the coronavirus family: the feline coronavirus, strain Munich. After testing to the BS ISO 21702:2019 standard, Puraguard coating technology was proven effective with a reduction of 99.99% in 2 hours.
To find out more information about Puraguard and getting it installed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01392 877172.