How You Can Help Save The Planet By Using Water Coolers
Posted on July 26th 2021 by Matt Stimpson
It’s well known that fresh drinking water is essential to our health and wellbeing, and of course, to life itself. Despite this, it’s a valuable commodity that’s in short supply around the world. And with single-use plastics continuing to cause environmental damage, here’s how you could do your bit to help save the planet by using an eco-friendly water cooler at home and in the office.
A precious natural resource
Although it’s the one thing the whole of humanity needs to survive, water that’s drinkable is a dwindling natural resource. According to Friends Of The Earth, “97.5% of the world’s water is locked in seas and oceans, too salty for human use. And most of the remaining 2.5% is in the ice caps.” But drinking the wet stuff is only part of the story.
Fresh, clean water that’s suitable for drinking also goes towards washing and cleaning, and watering plants and food crops – not to mention some of life’s little luxuries like hot tubs and pools. But while we shouldn’t stop using our water for any of these things, it does highlight how our drinking water is used around the world every day and how much we need to preserve it.
Eco-friendly water coolers
So how can you reduce your water usage and save the planet? Well, drinking water is essential so we can’t just stop doing that, but saving water is easier than it sounds. And using a water cooler at home or in the office could be a great start to help reduce plastic waste and conserve our most vital resource.
With a choice of bottled water coolers and mains fed water coolers, Thirsty Work offers you plenty of choices to deliver cool, filtered water whenever you need it. And the key to helping save the planet, and water, comes down to just a few, simple things.
1. Take what you need
Whether you’re filling a recyclable paper cup or a reusable water bottle, a water cooler will only ever deliver what you need. No overflowing because the tap’s been turned on too hard or water waste as you try to fill other cups or bottles.
2. Always cool water
Using standard mixer taps, there’s always the tendency to let the water run as cold as possible before filling your cups or bottles. This uses (or wastes) up to 10 litres a day on average. But thanks to its energy-efficient elements, a water cooler always delivers cool water straight from its reservoir.
3. Reduce single-use plastics
By supplying customers with our recyclable paper cups, we’re stopping plenty of plastic from going into landfill and, potentially, the ocean too. And if you’re using a refillable water bottle, that’s one less single-use plastic bottle going the same way too. But even if you use a bottled water cooler, at the end of their life, each 13 or 18.9-litre plastic bottle is broken down, chipped, and recycled as well.
Contact Thirsty Work today
With lots of people doing small things regularly, it’s the best way to save the planet and our precious natural resources. For more information about our water and our coolers, or to start your risk-free 10-day trial, contact our team on 01392 877 172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.