How Thirsty Work Is Preparing For Brexit
Posted on September 24th 2019 by Will Vickery
As the Brexit situation continues to play out, businesses are having to become evermore prepared for whatever outcome may occur with Brexit. So how is Thirsty Work preparing for Brexit? Over the past 18 months, Thirsty Work have put in a number of operations and plans in place to ensure that our customers will continue to receive an excellent level of product selection and service.
As a business we are now the leading independent B2B drinking water solutions provider in the region. A progressive approach to single use plastic has seen over 10,000,000, single use, plastic cups taken out of the UK. A new hospitality range of water bottling solutions and premium filer taps is on target to launch by 2020.
We continue to invest and innovate with our partners, in developing new filtration technology to reduce plastics and improve the quality of drinking water.
Over the past 18 months we have been preparing either way for a No-Deal-Brexit, Soft-Brexit and Hard-Brexit. This includes:
- Increasing the number of depots
- Stock build and increased buffer levels to mitigate any potential supplier delays
- Review of key suppliers to establish fulfillment is predominantly UK based or outside of the EU
- Consultation with existing suppliers to understand their contingency plan
- Secondary suppliers identified and a trading relationship established
As Brexit approaches, we wish to reassure you that we will continue to monitor trading developments closely ensuring we operate, produce and source with minimal disruption after 31st October 2019.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and look forward to working with you in 2019.