What To Do If Your Water Cooler Is Leaking
Posted on September 20th 2017 by Will Vickery
As a British Water Cooler Association member, you can be sure that Thirsty Work will deliver you a service of excellence. This includes providing you with a premium quality water cooler for your workplace in order for you and your colleagues to remain well hydrated. However, on rare occasions you may find that your water cooler may start to slightly leak. If this is an issue that you have found then follow these steps below.
Bottled Water Cooler
- First you need to take the bottle off the top of the water cooler and attempt to identify where it is leaking from.
- If you cannot identify where the leak is coming from then we will send out one of our engineers as soon as possible with the latest being 2 to 3 working days to solve the issue.
- If you find the leak is coming from the back of the water cooler, then again, we will also send out one of our engineers as soon as possible with the latest being 2 to 3 working days in order to solve the issue.
- If you find the leak is coming from the taps, then please make sure that the taps are fully screwed in to the water cooler. If this does not solve the issue then we will send out one of our engineers to fix it.
- If you find that the leak is at the top by the bottle, then we can either just send an engineer to come out and fix the issue or you can follow these steps if you would like.
- The first step is to remove the bottle from the water cooler and see if there is any water in the water cooler. If yes then remove the water from the dry guard and then put it back together. After this or if you didn’t see any water then please draw 4-5 cups of water and then replace the bottle. If you didn’t see an increase in flow of the water then we will get an engineer out to come and fix the issue. However, if you saw an increase in the flow of the water, then we would advise you to keep an eye out for the cooler and if the cooler starts to leak again we will send an engineer out to fix the problem.
Main Fed Water Cooler
- If you have a leaking main fed water cooler then the first step is to turn a blue tap behind the cooler out of line with the pipe to prevent any further water flow.
- Then completely draw the machine of water.
- After you have done this we will send out one of our engineers to come and fix the problem for you.
If a leaking water cooler is something that you have experienced then we would like to say that we are very sorry for this issue that you have experienced, and we will do everything that we can to help solve this issue.
If you have any further issues or enquires about anything then do not hesitate to contact us.