How To Clean And Maintain Your Water Cooler Properly
Posted on June 28th 2021 by Matt Stimpson
Having a water cooler in the office, waiting room, gym, or health club is a fast, convenient, and easy way to help everyone stay hydrated with great-tasting, filtered water. But like anything that’s frequently used, you need to clean and maintain your water cooler regularly so it’s protected from potential dirt and bacteria build-up and kept clean for every user.
Maintain your water cooler with Thirsty Work
The wide range of Thirsty Work water coolers includes bottled water coolers with 18.9 or 13-litre bottles filled with our own fresh spring water or mains fed water coolers with an advanced filtration system for great tasting mains water.
But many coolers include a hot water option as well, giving you near-boiling water on demand. But if your business needs it, we can also offer you dedicated hot water dispensers to help you keep up with those office teas, coffees and lunchtime snacks – and save money at the same time.
Whichever one you choose, you can take advantage of a service and maintenance package from us that suits you and how you use your cooler. And, it will ensure each of your water coolers or hot water dispensers are cleaned, sanitised, and maintained regularly by us and our expert WHA-qualified engineers.
Six easy steps for a clean water cooler
With our engineers capable of helping you maintain your water cooler for long periods, their high standards will keep them clean and sanitised inside and out. Each cooler and hot water dispenser will be sparkling clean so they’re safe to use and everyone can enjoy refreshing spring, filtered, or hot water whenever they need it.
But to sustain maximum hygiene from day to day, including high touch areas like the taps, buttons, and cup dispensers, or if your unit hasn’t been used in a while, such as over the Christmas holidays or over a summer shutdown for example, you can clean and maintain your cooler in six steps for quick and easy hygiene.
• To clean and maintain your bottled or mains fed water cooler
- Make sure your water cooler is plugged in and switched on (and the mains water supply is on if mains fed)
- Remove the water bottle* and drain any water left in the unit from both taps
- Remove and clean the drip tray, either by hand or in a dishwasher
- Place a new water bottle onto the unit* and drain 5 litres of water through both taps (this will also refresh the system for mains fed coolers)
- Clean the unit, cup dispenser, and taps with food-safe sanitising wipes
- Your water cooler is now clean and ready to use
* Bottled water coolers only
• To clean and maintain your hot water dispenser
- Make sure the unit is turned off
- Clean the unit, dispensing area, and tap with food-safe sanitising wipes
- Turn the unit back on and empty the tank of water
- Leave for 30 minutes, allowing the unit to refill and reheat
- Drain the tank of water again through the tap to refresh the system
- Your hot water dispenser is now clean and ready to use
Stay clean with Thirsty Work
For more information about all our water coolers and hot water dispensers and our service and maintenance packages to maintain your water cooler properly, or to start your free 10-day trial, contact the Thirsty Work team today on 01392 877 172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.