Bottled Water Cooler vs Mains Fed Water Cooler
Posted on November 9th 2017 by Will Vickery
When someone is looking to acquire a water cooler for their workplace, they are often faced with the decision of choosing between a bottled water cooler and a main fed water cooler. In this blog I am going to break down some of the differences between a bottled water cooler and main fed water cooler in order to make that decision for you easier.
Bottled Water Cooler
These are the pieces of equipment which can either be countertop or floor standing. They will have a large upturned bottle sitting on top of the unit. These bottles can be either a 13-litre bottle or an 18.9 litre bottle.
Pros of having a bottled water cooler;
- They require only a small amount of maintenance.
- They are incredibly easy to use.
- There is a variety of options both in the size of the machine itself, and the colour of the unit that you choose.
- Cost effective.
- The bottled water is pre-filtered before filling and thus, if there is an internal filtering system, the water that emerges will be of the highest quality and very clean tasting.
- Bottled water systems can be moved around to different venues.
Main Fed Water Cooler
- Mains Fed machines are water dispensers that are plumbed directly into the main water supply.
- When you have a main fed machine there is no need to have any bottles, which will save you more space and mean you don’t have to change any bottles.
- It is an environmentally option with no plastic bottles and therefore no waste.
- A main fed machine is also better in workplaces where the workforce is relatively large as bottle fed machines may struggle to cope with large numbers, or you will need more than one.
- Really easy to use.
- Cost effective as you will you just pay rent on the machine and don’t have to buy the bottles.
However, on the flip side there are cons of both machines to consider when looking to acquire one for your workplace. But as you can see there are many pros to both water coolers.
If you have any further questions about either of the machines then do not hesitate to contact us.